Maillis Group considers that the environmentally responsible action is an essential part of sustainable business growth.
The company, recognizes its impact of its operations on the environment and is putting in place environmental management systems (EMS) compliant with ISO 14001 standards to control and reduce the negative environmental impact of its operations through pollution prevention, legal compliance and continual improvement.
The environmental impact from the operations is typically managed by:
- measuring and monitoring raw material and utilities use, as well as, the corresponding generated waste streams
- ensuring that materials are properly stored to minimize environmental damage
- reducing use of hazardous materials
- utilizing Lean production techniques
- recycling waste, by targeting 100% recycling rates
- re-using transit packaging within contract and industry constraints
Furthermore the company, in an effort to minimize the indirect impact of the use of its packaging products on the environment, is: